Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Green Turtle Bay Marina, Grand Rivers, Ky


Green Turtle Bay Marina, Grand Rivers, Ky

September 8th, 2015

Tuesday

Miles Traveled 0

Total Miles Traveled 0

 

The most dangerous thing on a boat is a schedule, so we are breaking that habit at the beginning of our adventure.  We met a very nice couple from Panama City, Fl staying at our marina on their boat.  They move north during hurricane season and cruise back home in the fall.  They have offered to show us the routes they take when in Florida and more importantly hazards they are aware of that are not on the charts.  I have all of the charts for our Great Loop adventure, but nothing can replace local knowledge.  We have postponed our departure date until September 10th or 11th and plan to take a side trip to Chattanooga, TN before attending a “Looper” rendezvous in October at Joe Wheeler State Park in Alabama.

Click on the map below to see where we are now, no login required.
 

3 comments:

Jeff and Lucy said...

Hi guys, so excited for you both! I am praying for your fun and safety. I love you &will be following you.☺ Thank you for sending the place at & cards. I gave Amy one & will give Jeff one too. Jon & I will follow you too. His staff may want to as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I forgot to set your blog up on dad's tablet. I had quite a bit of pain while there so it was the last day that we worked on his phone & tablet. I will send it to him in an email. I also mailed him a stylus yesterday, that will help with the problems he's having on both๐Ÿ‘. I had a great trip! I stayed at Ted's new house with him and Sharon. They are so kind. Love you guys. Lucy

Unknown said...

Hello Moni and Rick, the students and I are anxiously waiting for you to start your trip.

Brother Dean said...

Good morning Rick And Moni, It's a beautiful day, this Sunday morning Sept.13, 2015 at 6:30 am. waiting to see your blog for the 12th, checking it every day. As to that CSX bridge, have not passed over that one, only the one between Jeffersonville and Louisville, have welded out on it. Mom and Dick are looking at your blog, need to go over and show them how to leave a comment. will check on you tomorrow.