Saturday, September 19, 2015

Goat Island, Joe Wheeler Lake, AL to Bridgeport Island, Bridgeport, AL

September 19th, 2015
Saturday
Miles Traveled 58.7
Total Miles Traveled 398
Day 10

Another nice cool night with the windows open, I know it won’t be long before that changes.  It was a little foggy this morning at Goat Island, but it didn’t take long to start clearing.

 




This boat slipped in and caught a nice bass behind us this morning.  We plan to get an Alabama fishing license since we’ll be in the state for several weeks.

 




Here are a few pictures of the Milfoil and Hydrilla that is really chocking off a beautiful lake.  I’m sure the homeowners and marinas are very discouraged.  There are miles of this stuff, we have seen this all the way up the Tennessee River but not as bad as Gunterville Lake.

 




 
 
I bought Moni a drawing kit for our anniversary in July, she opened it up today and this is her first masterpiece of a solo cup.  I think this is her first drawing since high school; yes I will be taking orders for prints.


 

I think this guy was looking for a meal


 
How would you like to drag a cooler up and down those stairs to the boat....oh, I see they have a rail system next to the stairs.

We anchored this afternoon behind Bridgeport Island near Bridgeport, AL
 
 

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Cathy is home.

Unknown said...

Great pictures again today!! Can't wait to see all the fish mom catches. Sorry dad we know what carp look like already.

Vic.Arghs said...

That's carpy Brad, it's a new species which is a cross between carp and crappie, a highly sought after game fish that can only be landed by the skilled fishermen. I know this is true because I catch a lot of them.