Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Tie Island, ON to Bad River, ON

Miles Traveled 9.25
Total Miles Traveled 5615
Day 328

The wind was the issue again today, with only ten miles to Bad River we left early to get across the open water to the inlet.  What an awesome place, we wish we could spend a week here.   The area is made up of too many islands and channels to count.  As soon as we set the hook, we dropped the dinghy and started exploring.











We didn’t have a cell phone signal here, so we took the handheld GPS so we could follow the bread crumbs back if we got turned around.  We both caught two keepers, 2 lb Smallmouth bass, they are real fighters.



While installing the bridle on our anchor rode, a boat passed by very slowly, I heard one them say “Kentucky, I don’t believe it”  I expected them to give me a hard time about being from Kentucky and the way I was hooking up our anchoring.  Turns out they were from Louisville and drove up here for a fishing trip and staying in a cabin a few miles away.  He said “you can’t believe what a time I had driving up to this place”.   I replied, “Tell me about it, it’s been a real challenge for us too”.



This is the Devils Door Rapids, there is a pretty good current flowing through this opening and it is the access we used to go in and out of the maze of islands and channels we explored.



We had the feeling we were being watched, we finally spotted this guy up on the rocks.



Bad River Anchorage, one of our best!

No comments: